Thursday, December 18, 2014

Abandoned 42 years ago, man takes adoption search to social media: How you can help him find his birth family


We have decided to take our search to the next level, and we're doing that by attempting to spread the word further than ever with this photo that Bill posted on his Facebook page tonight. 





The message is a basic rundown of the story and reads as follows.

Abandoned at Birth: Please Help Me Find My Birth Family.
My name is Bill Atkinson. I was born June 6, 1972. I was found wrapped in a towel inside of a phone booth at 7-Eleven on Metropolitan Ave in Kansas City, KS

He posted the photo along with this message.

Friends, I need your help. As many of you know, I was abandoned at birth and found hours old in a telephone booth at 4039 Metropolitan Ave., Kansas City, KS. I was born at approximately 3 am on June 6, 1972. I was found at approximately 9 am the next morning. My wife Angie and I have been searching for years and after a recent DNA test, have located second, third and fourth cousins. My story has been covered by the Kansas City Star and the KC Times, among others, and my wife keeps a blog with our story at http://phoneboothbaby.blogspot.com/ You can help by liking, sharing, tweeting, Instagramming and otherwise passing this post along. To my birth family, I have been blessed with a wonderful loving adoptive family and I don't want anything from you - just information and maybe the opportunity to meet. Thanks in advance for your help.

In case you aren't familiar with our story, here are a few quick links to get bring you up to speed. 

How you can help us find Bill's birth family

Can you help us find Bill's birth family? We are very excited to learn where he comes from. He has taken a DNA test and his results are available at Ancestry.com/DNA.

If you or someone you know knows anything about this case, please reach out to me at angyatkinson@gmail.com and let me know. If you don't know anything but you want to help, the best thing you can do for us is to talk about it. Share the photo on your social media profiles and ask your friends to do the same.

Thank you in advance for your help.



No comments:

Post a Comment